Welcome to an introductory course in the Greenhouse Effect and Climate Change. The Science, Scenarios, Possible Impacts; the road to Sustainability and a Green economy
Sven Åke Bjørke and Yannick Urs Schillinger;
This e-book offers easy-read texts, graphics, pictures, quizzes, activities, videos, experiments and links to more extensive readings.
The main chapters of this book are:
- 1 The natural greenhouse effect.
- What may alter it and how it might vary in time
- 2 Global warming – the enhanced greenhouse effect
- What it is
- 3 Impacts
- Signs and consequences
- 4 Ecosystems
- Ecology and ecosystem services
- 5 Green economy
- Can shortsighted thirst for profit be limited by longer term environmental considerations?
- 6 Greener future?
- Do we have a chance?
This e-book has been produced by:
Sven Åke Bjørke,
Department of Global Development and Planning,
Faculty of Social Science and PULS
Yannick Urs Schillinger;
MSc student at Multimedia and Educational Technology;
Faculty of Engineering and Science
This e-book appeared June 2016, but will be continuously updated